Friday, July 23, 2010

Play in the Sand

Well I did actually get this panel in about a month ago. It has been bothering me ever since. Sometimes you are just not into sewing. (even if you own the store) There have been lots and lots of things to do this summer. Vacation Bible School! I helped at one and then a few weeks later was in charge at another. Praise God that we made it through all of them and still have our sanity. At one of them we built an ark out of real wood boards. It was super cool. God even let it rain a little. The kids were going wild.
Back to the fabric...
I could not wait to sew up this back and head to the beach. I love the beach and live only about an hour and half away for the coast. So I cut out the parts of the panel. Moved them around on the cutting table for about two weeks and never sewed them. This week on Tuesday we had a quilt class at the store on One Block Wonders. I didn't quite know about it but the class filled up right away and here we go. After an hour into the class, I was hooked. It was the coolest thing. So I made up my mind to finish all of the UFO's laying around and called my mother for her to come the next week to help me make one of these One Block Wonder quilts.
So in the past two days this is one thing I have accomplished...
Keep posted for other projects

No comments:

Post a Comment