Friday, July 30, 2010

For the Love of Sewing...

One of my highlights is Kids Class. It has been hit and miss this year. I was sick on week. The girls had camp or didn't like the project I had planned. It was getting down to the couple of days so I let them pick anything they wanted to sew. Two picked pillowcases and one picked an ugly doll. So we set out to create. She picked a wild print with a big flower and wanted it to be on her stomach. Then we had to pick another print for the back side. Sewed and stuffed her. Then put on black button eyes and crazy hair. All that was lacking were clothes. With a band of knit at the top we made a simple dress with contrasting fabric. The best part of the whole project were the giggles and the smiles that I heard and saw. I was helping this little girl learn to love to sew and create. It didn't matter that the seams were not perfect or if the fabric didn't just match exactly. She made the doll and I bet she will be back again to create something again.
I think she was very proud of herself. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment